(Paterson Job Grading)
Autograde4all is an online job grading tool, user friendly, web based, fully customized to your CI
- Grade Jobs Online
- Holds the Job Description of the Position being graded
- Record keeping and Audit trails
- Credit based software ( 1 credit = 1 Job Grade)
- Branded with your CI
- Reporting and archiving
- Integration is available
Tremendis Learning brings you an Online Job Grading Tool, driven by the Paterson Methodology, the leading job grading methodology in South Africa, Sub Sahara Africa and internationally. Job Grading has become a must have in any organization, embraced by Government, Unions and the HR sector, an essential part of business.
Do all Positions add value, what is the value of a position? Are you putting your SDL to good use, enhancing the skill sets of your employees and in return adding value to your organization holistically?
Job Grading is the first stage within a cycle ensuring your Job Titles/Descriptions are working within your business model, creating sustainability that talks to your strategic business plan
Transparency; Career path planning; Succession planning; Re–aligning and Re-Engineering your 360 HR Value Chain; Adding a value to a position which then expands into a full ROI cycle. Working for both employee and employer if applied correctly.
What is job grading?
Job grading is the process of using formalized systems for determining the relative value of jobs within an organization.
Why do we do job grading?
Job grading allows the employer to empirically demonstrate rationale of importance through grade outcomes including, the value of the position (offering different levels of pay). It involves determining the level of complexity, decision-making, and skills required for each job, which is then categorized accordingly. Job leveling helps candidates and employees understand exactly what’s expected of them in a particular role, how they fit into an organization, and what they need to do in order to get a promotion. “Job levels are super important — you can’t build the job title until you know what the needs of the organization are”.
Why do we us the Paterson methodology?
The Paterson Job Grading System is method where jobs are evaluated based on predefined criteria. It analyses decision-making in job tasks, and categorizes jobs into six groups that are graded and grouped into two to three sub-grades. We specialize in the Paterson Grading, this is adaptable to any industry/environment and country. Paterson is the chosen methodology in South Africa ; Sub Sahara Africa and internationally. Being the pioneers within the job grading industry (specializing in Paterson)
What are the key areas of Job Grading?
- Principles are not complex & are usually easily understood, communicated & implemented
- All roles within a business are evaluated using the same methodology and aligned terminology
- Organogram alignment
- Job Evaluations/ Grading
- Accommodating broad banding & multi-skilling / upskilling
- Evaluation of specialist roles as effectively as non-specialist roles
- The role (Position) & not the person is evaluated (mitigates subjectivity)
- Job Descriptions are aligned across ALL Companies within the Group (Consistency is key)
- It assists in illustrating the competitiveness of organizational pay scales against market
Once grading is completed
- Incorporates Sustainability and Succession planning including career path planning
On completion of job grading
- ROI (For both Employees and Employers)
- It has become employers’ prerogative to ensure sustainability not only through conducive business practices, but also by strategically incorporating Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment, Skills Development and Employment Equity initiatives.
- Recent amendments to the Employment Equity Act (No. 55 of 1998) illuminate this focused shift towards equitable working conditions; particularly referring to income differentials.
Main factors taken into account when Job Grading:
- Decision making;
- Coordination / supervision;
- Continuum of skills / Sapiential Authority
- Work pressure / physical effort.
What changes can be expected after Job Grading:
- Reduction in staff turnover / retain valuable skilled employees
- Reduces labour and industrial disputes and legal claims.
- Positions have a value attached to them
- Re Alignment and Re Engineering of your HR Value Chain
- Succession Planning and Skills Development Planning
- High performance and output of positions
Key area of change within the Job Grading Exercise:
Job Profiling also forms part of the Job Description process Job profiling forms part of the deliverables of the employees in relation to the needs of departmental objectives and deliverables. With the correct job profile employees can be assessed correctly through performance management / KPI’s. Job profiling entails mapping the responsibilities, qualifications, competencies and reporting lines of employees based on the needs of the department and organisation as a whole.
- Profiling is aligned to the business plan and deliverables linking to outcomes (KPA/KPI) which is needed for Grading
- Profiles are verified to prevent gaps and overlaps between positions in the same group of positions
- Once off purchase price is required (this includes your branding of the platform)
- Training is given once module is purchase this is also part of the initial purchase price
We run training workshops on the methodology and fundamentals of Paterson Job Grading and usage of Autograde4all.
- We do not bill per user, we bill an annual support, service and maintenance fee that is payable once off annually or alternatively we can bill monthly, this is the client’s choice.
- We also consult and do your full HR Audit and/or Job Grading projects